Tuesday, April 19, 2011
1) Screen size is too small? At 7 inches, the screen is smaller than an IPAD screen. However I do not have any issues looking at the screen. Things are not cramped or crowded at all. I also like that I can hold the tablet in landscape or the portrait style with one hand.
2) The swiping of the tablet, took about 1 minute to get used to. I found that if I swiped in a controlled method, I could easily get the tablet to do as I wanted.
3) Cameras. These cameras take really great pictures. I feel that Blackberry is saying "Hey we're not just for business people. Take some fun pics with this." Ya it doesn't have the Apple photo booth, but at times I just want a "normal picture" Front camera at 1080P and 3MP and a back camera at 1080P and 5MP kicks the tar outta the Ipad
4) Rubberized backing - Apple Fanboys who reviewed this said they didn't like the rubberized back as it felt too "toy like" I like the gripability of the tablet.
5) Power Button - I read a few reviews where people said the power button is too small. I guess if you have sausage fingers like Bilbo Baggins, you may have an issue with the power button. As a guy with medium to large sized hands, I had 0 issue getting the PB to power up.
6) Apps - Now of course there is not as many apps on the PB App store as there is for Apple's store. However, there are some really neato apps on the app store. There is also way more selection that BB's smartphone app store.
7) Wi-Fi only - To me this is not an issue, with internet tethering and/or Blackberry Bridge, I can access the internet anytime. I always have my phone with me, and the tablet being wifi only so far is perfectly fine for me since I can access wifi at both home and work.
Overall for me as a fairly knowledgeable tech guy, I would definitely say that this is a great tablet!
Like a friend of mine said, it doesn't matter what tablet a person owns, if it does everything you need it to do, it is worth the money.
In other news for weight loss, I am now currently 185 pounds. I was originally going to have my endpoint be 180. After talking to my doctor, I will now be going for 170 pounds as my end as this puts me at a BMI of 25 which is the high end of healthy.
That's the world as I see it.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Well, if you haven’t heard by now, CBC has a poll we can all take to tell us which way we should vote in the upcoming election. I took the poll and to my surprise came out as Liberal. I thought hmm odd, but since I am not a fan of King Mike, and I lean more towards Darth Harper, I simply shrugged it off as some whacky online gimmick that can be ranked with me preferring pepsi over coke, or that I am Bulbasaur if I were a pokemon, or that I am Team Jacob when we all know I am Team Edward. Essentially what I am saying is, the tool is a joke.
Now a professor in Canada has stated that the poll shows no matter how you answer, you will get Liberal. We all know that CBC has a slight left-wing bias. My running joke when a friend asks if I heard CBC Radio the other day is always, sorry my dial doesn’t go that far to the left. So was it really a surprise that the CBC poll showed a little bias?
What we know now is that the person responsible for making the poll worked for King Mike, and that he feels there is no bias.
My very Liberal friend at school told me that this is not bias and that really I am more Liberal than I want to admit. I guess I am more NDP than I let on because I use public health care and I work in public education. This reminds me of a line from The Incredibles: “When everyone is super, no one is.” So if everyone is liberal, then really, no one is.
If CBC can really influence people with their glorified Facebook Poll, we will see only Liberals in the next Commons.
Poor Elizabeth May, she is very upset that her Green party has not been invited to the debates. Now personally I don’t care if she is in the debates or not. The “rules” for picking the parties for debate are basically that you need to have a sitting member in parliament. The Green party do NOT have a sitting member as of dissolution and as such, do not qualify for the debates. If they buckle to the pressure of the Green party, they better let every other party around into the debate. I’d love to hear the Communists vs the Rhinos vs the Jedi party.
I guess we will see how all this pans out.